Nothing says holiday entertaining like serving a festive, fruity cocktail. Rather than using the usual fruit juices which can contain loads of sugar, why not replace it with a tasty, fruity tea?
In this simple recipe, we use Teascapes By Taralight's Spiced Orchard Chai black tea. The tea contains a medley of fruit, which provide a slight tartness, and also includes various spices - all offering a complex flavour to this unique chai. Paired perfectly with amaretto - an almond flavoured liqueur - this cocktail is super simple to make, and sure to please any guest.
- 1 heaped tsp of Spiced Orchard Chai
- 1 cup boiling water (10û°C / 212°F)
- 1-1/2 to 2 oz amaretto
- Frozen cranberries
- Club soda (optional)
- Sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Add tea to a cup or teapot and pour in the boiling water. Let tea steep for about 15 - 20 minutes, depending on preferred strength. Remove tea leaves and let the brewed tea stand until cool, then refrigerate for at least a few hours - preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the cocktail, thaw a few frozen cranberries for a couple of minutes (about 3 - 4 per serving) and add to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to muddle the berries. (Just a few "smashes"... do not overdo.)
- Add some ice to the shaker, measure and pour in the amaretto, and then 8 oz (1 cup) of the chilled tea. Before adding tea to the shaker, give it a quick stir or swirl in its refrigerated container.
- Stir all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker until well blended. Do not shake.
- Using 2 small old fashion glasses or champagne flutes, add a tablespoon or small handful of frozen cranberries to each glass and then strain the cocktail into the glasses.
- Optional: Top with a splash of club soda.
- Optional Garnish: To make it more festive, add a sprig of rosemary.